Saturday, February 02, 2008

Bittersweet Goodbye...

I don't know why I was supposed to move to Utah. I guess only the Lord knows that at this point. But you know what? If I hadn't moved here there would be so many things and opportunities that would have been missed. Today was one of those opportunities. Today I had the privilege of attending the funeral for our beloved President, Gordon B. Hinckley.



Yesterday as I was visiting my grandparents down at the geneology center on Temple Square I was handed 2 tickets to the funeral. I can't even tell you the feeling as I was handed those tickets. I knew that the funeral would be broadcast on television. But I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to be there. The spirit that was in that room was something I have never felt before.

I, like most people, have never met or truly known President Hinckley. Yet we loved and respected this great man. He did so much for the Lord, the church, and each of us. He was "our prophet". As the cameras showed the first presidency sitting in their seats, there was an empty seat in the middle, that chair obviously belonging to President Hinckley. The absence of his earthly body could not be missed today but I definitely felt his spirit hovering close by. I am so thankful for the knowledge that he has gone back to our Heavenly Father and to his amazing wife.

I am thankful for the blessings that the Lord has chosen to place in my life.

1 comments:

Kristi Williquette said...

Cherish every experience that you have...they are all once in a lifetime moments.