Wow I can't believe Derick and I have been married for a year already! But it truly has been a great year. Derick and I both had the day off so we went to a nice lunch at Chili's (where we had our first date) and then Derick was a sweetheart and went and saw a girl movie with me. We didn't do anything over the top or go on any special trips but this was perfect for Derick and I. Any day that I can just spend with Derick is great. He also surprised me with a roses. (He claims he's not romantic but he really is!)
That is just 1 thing I've learned about Derick and I truly have learned so much each and
everyday. And I couldn't be more grateful for this year with him. I started looking back and thinking of all the things that have happened this year. Here are a few things I've realized, am grateful for, or have enjoyed with Derick.
1. I never could have thought I'd love someone as much as Derick. I'm thankful for this year with just he and I. We've loved spending time together and have gotten to know each other so well. He shocks me everyday and I'm still finding out more things about him that I love.
2. I love and am grateful for Derick's fun sense of humor. He balances my stressed, organized life with fun and spur of the moment things. He's taught me to let things go and to have fun in all things. 1 thing that shocked me is this:
Yes, Derick really wears his socks like this around the house! :) He really makes me laugh!
3. I've learned a lot about compromise. Derick and I have similar personalities but we've learned how to give and take in different circumstances. We've learned that we aren't trying to change each other but that we are willing to let go and do things a different way. (yes I've learned that my way is not always the best way!)
4. I love being a wife. I really do love cooking and taking care of things around the house and my husband. But like everyone else I definitely have my days, and I'm thankful when Derick steps up and does the cooking or takes care of things for me.
5. I love to lay around the house and veg with my husband. Most of the time Derick is out watching sports but I love to cuddle up with him or read a book while he's watching TV. Yes sometimes I bug him (but that's what a wife is for right?) :) But I love when I'm watching TV in the bedroom and he comes to see me and cuddle for a minute.
6. I've always liked going on trips and new places but since marrying Derick I have done so many new things I can't even keep track. I've loved going camping, riding the motorcycle, going to Bear Lake, and yes I've loved watching sports!
It's been great being married to Derick!